top of page
The Aeroconservancy Museum Original Artifacts from 1914-1918
French Pilot's Wing Brassard
French pilots wore their wings on removable brassards like this one which they buckled around their left arm just above their elbow. Later on, the wing could be sewn to their left sleeve. These variants were replaced by a small, round metal insignia pinned to the right breast of their tunic. The darker, vertical color of the propellor is actually tarnished gold thread. The French ace, Georges Guynemer, wore the wing brassard throughout his service.
bottom of page